Saturday, March 20, 2010

A Little Color Boost

I put color in the form of a rinse in my hair yesterday. A rinse is defined as temporary color that can deepen your hair color, add shine or refresh existing but "blah" color. A rinse will NOT lighten your hair and it contains NO ammonia or peroxide. The color from a rinse washes out gradually each time you wash your hair, and usually last 6-10 washes.

I used Jazzing by Clairol in the color ebony. For those that are curious, Jazzing does color gray hair. I picked up a bottle for 6 bucks at Sally's Beauty Supply.


This is what I did:

I washed and detangled my hair and then applied the rinse after blotting my hair dry. I put a plastic bag on my head and left the color on for 15 minutes. I washed it out followed by a light shampoo and then deep conditioned my hair with Babassu Butter Love Deep Conditioner by Brown Butter Beauty. After applying the deep conditioner I sat under my hair steamer for 1 hour.


I am pleased with the results. My goal was to cover the bit of gray that I have and the Jazzing did the trick. In my opinion, a rinse is the best hair coloring option for those of us who don't want to actually "dye" our hair or commit to a specific color. Any type of permanent color has a drying effect on the hair and requires that you are diligent with conditioning. I simply wasn't ready to take the dying plunge this early in my pursuit of nappyness...maybe next year when my hair and I have gotten to know one another better...LOL

No comments: