Tuesday, July 14, 2009

She likes my hair...She Really Likes It!!

Today someone had fro envy for my fro..can you believe it!?!?! A woman who has been natural for more than a decade came up to me and asked "how do you get your hair to do that?" I was in shock...was she talking to me? I was like...do what? This is just what it does. I just cut it all off a little more than a month ago and I don't even know what I'm doing, let alone purposely making my hair do something...lol She got a chuckle out of my natural hair ignorance.
Her hair was cut in a TWA and she stated that she wanted her hair to do what mine does and that when she lets it grow out she never knows what to do with it so she ends up chopping it off.
I found it interesting that even when we are nappy..heck dare I say more so when we are nappy, that we envy the lusciousness of others kinks, coils and curls. Here I am lusting after Jill Scott's Afro puff counting down the days until my hair "will do that" and here this woman is checking out my kinks with envy. Funny ain't it?

No comments: