Friday, November 28, 2008

Check Out the New Growth Miss Celie

Now I understand why people who plan to transition for several months just give up and chop that mess off. What a tangled, nappy mess...LOL My last relaxer was nearly 4months ago and trying to detangle the two textures after taking out braids was no joke.

BTW....I also cut the braids to low in the crown of my head which resulted in me cutting my "own" hair. It wasn't really a big deal since I'm going to eventually chop this mess off any way.

After putting in a leave in conditioner (Aphogee), I sectioned off my hair with my fingers and added coconut oil and aloe vera gel to each section, combing through each section before braiding. I put perm rods at the end of each braid (because the ends are straight. This is my attempt at a braid out...we will see how it goes..I will take pictures.

The goal is to leave my hair down for one week before rebraiding it. I'm thinking of doing kinky twist, or maybe just getting corn rows. Braid can wreak havoc on your hair as well at times so maybe I should just do corn rows (getting them redone every 3 weeks) for the next 6 weeks. Who knows....


1 comment:

Elegance said...

I hope it turns out well. I can't wait to see the photos :)