Monday, August 16, 2010

Winter Hair Challenge


I feel a hair challenge coming on. As summer draws to a close, I have decided that I will wear my hair in protective styles for most of the cold weather months. My goal is to rock a protective style from December 1, 2010 until May 1, 2011...that's 5 months of wearing twist, braids, cornrows or something like that...y'all know what I'm talking about.

Here's my plan....I will not wear a braided style for more than 2 months straight, at which point I will take down my braids and wear my hair out for a week or two (but no more than 2 weeks) before putting it back in a protective style. I'm pretty sure I will end up getting kinky twist for 2 months, rock corn rows for 3-4 weeks, put my own hair in two-strand twist for 2 weeks, and then a final set of kinky twist.

I'll do a length check at the beginning of the challenge and again each time I take my hair down. I'm curious to see how much length I will be able to retain and just how much growth I will be able to achieve. Looking ahead to summer 2011, I will be ready for massive FREE FRO'IN!!

No comments: